Kitchen scissors are a versatile tool that will help you in the kitchen and at times prove useful even as a gardening tool or to cut pieces of clothes. If you are wondering what are kitchen scissors used for, then the answers are numerous. From cutting bread crumbs to making even pieces of meat, kitchen scissors can be used for many purposes. You can use them to cut dry fruits and bacon too.
But before you move on to use a kitchen scissor, you should be choosing a good one for yourself. We list outa few things that you should consider when buying kitchen scissors:
- Good balance and solid construction and the scissor should have minimal crevices, so that food should not be accumulated.
- The shears should close and open smoothly with little or no effort.
- Handles should be comfortable for your hand. Choosing too small handles can reduce your force and control.
- Choose non-slippery rubber or plastic handles that can withstand the force that is best for cutting meat.
- Choose a scissor with a bone notch present on a blade for easy cutting of flower stems or poultry bones.
- If it has a lock then it can good so that the blades close safely.
- Choose the ones having a bolt or similar tightening mechanism which can align the blades closely.
- Blades should be sharp and well-aligned and should meet properly when closed. Choosing short blades can make it difficult to cut as it does not allow a long stroke.